Monday 30 January 2017

Canal side run

It's been a couple of weeks since my last lunchtime run in Rotherham and several months since the one before that one. Also I had aborted at least 2 planned runs due to work pressure. So it was very satisfying to get out for a good long run yesterday. The weather was perfect for running: cool but not cold; no wind; nothing worse than a light, misty drizzle. You can't ask for more in January, believe me.

I managed a brisk and even smooth 5.43km taking me to a grand total of 60km in January. I'm VERY pleased with that. 

The selfies below were taken around my turning point at the third lock along. I'm confident that I will be able to run to Sheffield by the time the evenings are light enough later this year. That has been on my "list" of challenges for a few years now.

It was a bit of a sad run at times though. Last time out I met a nice lady out calling for her grandparent's dog Charlie, a lovely old Staffie chap. He had been scared by fireworks the night before and had run off. I advised her on a couple of Lost Dog Facebook pages and watched her search for him over the next 2 weeks. He was found eventually but sadly had drowned in the canal. Poor old Charlie.  Bloody, bloody, inconsiderate fireworks out of season. I hate them. 



Today has been a tough day. A hard day at work, train then bus over to Sheffield for dancing at 6pm, shopping then home for supper and wading through the last, exceedingly crappy, episodes of Silent Witness. I'm really tired so SW is probably all I can manage. I'm also a bit grumpy because Sheffield Wednesday only managed a draw against lowly Bristol City. We went ahead twice and they pegged us back. Very disappointing.

I think as a result of tiredness and having a demanding evening I have eaten quite a bit today. Normal breakfast and lunch but an extra chicken wrap before dancing and then a calorific salmon with noodles and stir fry and sweet chilli dressing. And a couple of glasses of white wine. No regrets cos it's not bad by any means but it's useful to identify danger periods and temptations for future reference.

It's not going to let up any time soon. My dad is having his cataracts done tomorrow (or possibly just one) so I'll be going over to pick him up from hospital and stay with him for a day and a half. I would have stayed longer but with the panto looming I cannot miss rehearsal on Thursday evening. Luckily my sister and her husband are coming over on Friday morning so they'll take over for the weekend. The show must go on and all that.

So - working from home in the morning and hopefully a nice, relaxing run or walk afterwards before heading over to Newark. And now, sleeeeeep!!


1 comment:

Love Cat said...

Hey Lady

You are doing so well to keep the faith during a very busy work and social life time. Good on ya. Excellent work on the 60k in Jan! So impressed!

You'll be great in the panto! I know it. x