Saturday 11 February 2017

Surprise View

It was a glorious day one day last week and Surprise View popped into my head. Off we went and it did not disappoint.  I love it up there; you feel as though you're on top of the world or at least the Peak District. I'm standing on a rocky outcrop looking over the Hope Valley. 








Since that day, I'm pretty sure it was Friday, the weather has deteriorated steadily. Today we had near constant snow showers and the roads out of the village are grim. That made no difference at all as I spent most of the day in the Panto technical rehearsal. It was exciting - first time in full make-up, first time in full costume, first time onstage going through the whole show, songs'n'all.

It threw up loads of issues - my make-up sweating off for starters and a very tight change from rat to camel and back. In one case 4 of us rats were in a rather large wooden dinghy singing "I can see clearly". We got to the line "I can see all obstacles in my way" as we were trying to "row" off the stage - we couldn't due to a large wooden obstacle which we were unable to see!! Had to sing an extra chorus while the stage ùhands shifted it....he he he

Anyway, there has, just for today, been no stepping and no calorie counting. We have had cake and wine and a wonderful day and a lovely relaxing evening with my boy. 

Here's me in full face:



1 comment:

Pam said...

I would never have recognised you!