Sunday 26 February 2017

The dreaded "slide"

What is it that they say you should not do?  Let an understandable diet and exercise challenge like a holiday or Christmas extend beyond its actual duration.  Well, the panto definitely counted as a challenge to my diet and exercise and I managed to limit the damage it caused to a measly 2lbs on (16.8) but, did less well in getting back to the routine last week.  Indeed, a full week had passed and I'm still trugging along at 16.8 and doubt very much that I will see any drop tomorrow morning.

You may have guessed that I was not doing much by the lack of posts. It is usually telling.  I think I was tired and a bit "after the Lord Mayor's Show" and didn't get stuck in quickly enough.  The week has just drifted by with little in the way of proper exercise - dog walks and one run - slightly too much in the way of food and not sufficiently rigorous logging of steps and calories.

It has not been bad exactly but, given what I was saying a week or so ago about being conscious that I am treading water, it is not what I needed.  So I'm posting this to stiffen my spine and give myself a stern talking to about next week.  Things must change!!

The plan is to start with a weigh-in, good calorie logging and a run tomorrow.  We have dancing in the evening so steps and exercise should be no trouble at all.  One good, mindful day under my belt should set me up for a decent week.

Anyway - do you want to see some panto pics??  I was so chuffed that my sister and father managed to come over to see me on the Saturday matinee performance and my sister took loads of photos, going heavy on me of course.

Here's me as Deano Martino the sidekick rat with my boss, King Rat.  I didn't know how creepy we looked with the green lighting...we were good baddies if you know what I mean.




Here we're in sunnier climes, on a ship headed towards Morrocco.  King Rat is plotting the ship's downfall.





This scene was hilarious on the Saturday afternoon - it should be brightly lit as we are rowing away from the sinking ship wearing Hawaiian shirts and shades and singing "I can see clearly now the rain has gone".  Unfortunately the lighting chaps put up the murky green lighting to comic effect.  We quite obviously couldn't see a damn thing.  Anyway, we got a good laugh when they did eventually bring on the right lights!


Then off with the damned heavy boat and a quick change into the camel costume.  Her I am in the old classic "It's behind you!!"



And here interrupting the "romance" between the ship's captain and the dame, Sherry Trifle.  Much hilarity, especially on the Saturday night when the dame told me to really go for it...he got his wish....










All in all,it was brilliant fun.  The wrap party on Saturday was fantastic- the pub put on a good spread and we all went up in our costumes and sang all our songs over again.  A young couple on holiday staying in a cottage in the village who had been sitting in a disappointingly quiet pub suddenly found themselves trapped sitting among us and had a wonderful if surprising night chatting to everyone. Their phone is full of photos of them with various heavily made up oddities.  They were so taken with it all they have vowed to come back next year and see our performance as well.  The girl is doing fashion design at Uni in Sheffield and has offered to help out with costumes next year!!

Sunday was up early for clearing out the hall and dismantling stage and lighting etc (improved by many brews and communal bacon sarnies) and then later in the afternoon up to the other pub in the village for a Sunday roast with all the families.

And then back down to earth with a bump.

2 comments:

Peridot said...

Just catching up....

You make me wish I liked running. It sounds so nice. Alas

Thank GOODNESS Seren made a panto joke, it was killing me (OH NO IT WASN'T!)

And how are things going now?

Px

Pam said...

That all sounds great fun, if rather exhausting. Well done!