Wednesday 7 March 2018

Happier pooch.

Minty was very poorly on Monday night but had 2 long spells of sleep and was much brighter by yesterday morning. Over the last couple of days she has wolfed down her food and tablets, slept, taken little walks around the garden and even wagged her tail at me a few times. She made it upstairs this afternoon which shouldn't have happened but it was too late when I realised.

So, although I'm still worried and sad, at least my heart is not being wrung out by her pathetic cries any more.

I am taking her to the vets tomorrow afternoon (snow willing) and he should have received her test results back by then so will be able to chat things through with him and have him check her out. Fingers crossed that we have some palatable options peeps.

I have had a quiet few days working from home, patting the dogs, trying not to eat my way out of the stress and, surprisingly, doing quite well.

On Monday, I took the call from the vet telling me that there was a problem just before I walked into town. It was interesting that my first impulse was to self-medicate with sugary food. Despite starting the day full of good intentions, all I wanted to do was dive into Costa (we are not spoiled for choice in Rotherham town centre) and order a giant cappucino, a panini and a slice of tiffin. Why would a thousand or more calories make me feel better about my sick dog??

Fortunately I had blogged that morning and that helped me spurn the fat and sugar option. I walked briskly round town doing all my chores then went to a nice old-fashioned cafe and had a jacket potato and pot of tea.

Monday night at home was horrid. Rich and couldn't look at each other or we would set each other off crying. He wanted fish and chips so that's what we did but only half of a single portion. Here's the patient in her doggy post-op shirt to stop her nibbling her stitches. Better than the cone of shame.



Yesterday evening Wednesday were playing at home. One of us had to stay home and I lost the fight....so I had to go to Sheffield to watch the match. Boooo They are dismal at the moment and duly lost 1-2 to an equally dismal Ipswich. Ach well, it got me out of the house and with 4 days working from home this week, cabin fever is a real danger. Also it's nice to be comfortable spending an evening with Rich's dad and his mate withiut Richard.

This evening we've had a lovely evening in. Rich sorting the kitchen cabinets in readiness for my new oven while listening to a new best of the 80's album. So then, while we cooked supper, we had a dance and a sing and a pop quiz, even the dogs. Although they were rubbish, couldn't name any bands, even the really obvious ones!!

Oh, I almost forgot. I managed to drag my carcass out for a run. A run!! I was wavering but I had pledged to go in a text to Beth so off I went. Not far but a real run and a start has been made. I can only get better. Below is my view for half the run. Not bad.



Thanks for your best wishes for Mintini. I'll let you know how we get on tomorrow.



2 comments:

Peridot said...

Will be thinking of you and that chat with the vet. And well done on resisting sugar and going for a run! You have always been made of stern stuff!

Px

Seren said...

Hope all goes ok when you see the vet. And we’ll done on your resolve.

Sx